Tom Loverro joined IVP in April 2015. He focuses on investing in later-stage, high-growth consumer and enterprise companies. Tom was recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of the top 100 venture capitalists in the world by his inclusion in the 2021 Midas List. In 2019, he was recognized as one of venture capital’s up-and-comers by his inclusion in the Forbes Midas Brink List. GrowthCap recognized him as one of the Top 25 Software Investors of 2020, which highlights exceptional private capital investors in the software space, and as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Growth Investors in 2019.
Tom currently serves as a Board Director or Observer for Attentive, HashiCorp, NerdWallet, Paper, Podium, Skydio, and TaxBit. He was a Board Observer for Coinbase (COIN) until April 2021. He was actively involved in sourcing, executing, and managing investments in Ajaib, Amplitude (AMPL), Datadog (DDOG), GitHub (MSFT), IEX, OnDeck (ONDK), and Tanium.
Tom was previously a Principal at RRE Ventures, a leading early-stage venture firm, based in New York.
Tom began his career at Goldman Sachs & Co. in technology, media, and telecommunications investment banking. Following Goldman, he joined RRE as an Analyst. Tom’s involvement in RRE portfolio company Drobo led to him joining the company full-time where he led Marketing.
Tom holds an M.B.A. from the Kellogg School of Management, where he was an Austin Scholar, and a B.A. from Stanford University, where he graduated with Distinction.
Tom's recent writing:
- Ajaib: Democratizing Investments in Southeast Asia
- Amplitude: Making an Increasingly Digital-First World a Better Place
- Sorare: The Next Generation of Fantasy Sports
- Cribl: Observing the Right Trend
- TaxBit: The Most Fun We’ve Ever Had Talking About Taxes
- Paper: The A+ Platform for Transforming Education
- Hello Heart: Helping to Save Lives
- Coinbase: A New Beginning
- CircleCI: A Virtuous [Developer] Circle
- Attentive: Getting the Message Across
- HashiCorp: Provisioning the Future of the Cloud
- Podium: Broadcasting Greatness
- Coinbase: Unlocking the Value of Digital Currencies
- Amplitude: The Product Behind Product-First Companies
- Tanium: Starting from the End(point)