Somesh Dash joined IVP in March of 2005. He focuses primarily on later-stage investments in Internet, software, wireless, and technology-enabled services companies. Somesh was recognized by The New York Times and CB Insights in 2019 as one of the top 100 venture capitalists and by GrowthCap as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Growth Investors in 2019, which highlights exceptional private capital investors in the growth segment.
Somesh actively participated in IVP's investments in AddThis (ORCL), Akamai (AKAM), Amplitude, AppDynamics (CSCO), At Road (TRMB), Ayasdi, Brex, Business Insider (Axel Springer), CafePress (PRSS), Care.com (CRCM), ComScore (SCOR), Datalogix (ORCL), Danger (MSFT), Digital River (DRIV), Discord, Dropbox (DBX), Expanse, FleetMatics (FLTX), Gaia Online, Hipmunk (SAP), Humu, Klout (Lithium), Lime, Loopnet (CSGP), Lyra Health, MotoSport (LINTA), MySQL (ORCL), Netflix (NFLX), Personal Capital, Pindrop, Pure Storage (PSTG), Qubole, Quigo (TWX), Rubrik, Shazam (AAPL), SoundCloud, Tanium, Thrive Global, TuneIn, Uber (UBER), Uproxx (WMG), Walker & Company (PG), ZEFR, and Zynga (ZNGA).
Prior to joining IVP, Somesh was an Analyst in the Corporate Finance Division of Credit Suisse's Technology Investment Banking Group. While at Credit Suisse, Somesh focused on strategic financing initiatives for a number of public and private technology companies. Prior to joining Credit Suisse, Somesh worked for Luxmi Capital, an early stage venture capital fund focused on digital media investments. He also worked for the Corporate Development Division of Sony Entertainment Television (SET) in Mumbai, India.
Somesh is currently a member of the Management Board at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business (GSB) and the Advisory Board of Malaria No More. He’s a former member of the Advisory Board of the Lester Center for Entrepreneurship, the Haas Alumni Board and the Haas Development Board at UC Berkeley. He’s also formerly served on the Tech Advisory Group of UCSF, the Advisory Board for Stanford’s Center for Philanthropy and Civil Society (PACS), and was a term member of the Council of Foreign Relations.
Somesh earned a B.S. in Business Administration from the Haas School of Business at the University of California at Berkeley and an M.B.A. from Stanford University.
Somesh's recent writing:
- CircleCI: A Virtuous [Developer] Circle
- Lyra: Rethinking Mental Health
- Aiven: The Open-Source Data Cloud
- You Deserve Better…..
- Press Play: IVP Invests in Discord
- Time to Thrive
- Amplitude: The Product Behind Product-First Companies
- Ten Reasons Why IVP Invested in Rubrik
- IVP Steps Up to the Plate with The Players’ Tribune
- Qubole: Doing Big Data Right
- Why Walker & Company will Transform the CPG Industry
- Tanium: Starting from the End(point)
- Entrepreneurs Should Strike A Balance Between Old And New ( TechCrunch )
- Why SoundCloud Will Rule the Digital Audio World
- These Three Facts Prove That America Needs More Immigrants ( BusinessInsider )