Jules A. Maltz joined IVP in August 2008 and has over 13 years of venture capital and startup experience. He focuses on later-stage venture investments in rapidly-growing software and Internet companies. Jules was recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of the top 100 venture capitalists in the world by his inclusion in the 2018 Forbes Midas List. He was also included in the GrowthCap Top 40 Under 40 Growth Investors List in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2018.
Jules led IVP's investments in Buddy Media (CRM), Checkr, Dropbox (DBX), G2 Crowd, Grammarly, Hims, Indiegogo, MuleSoft (CRM), NerdWallet, Oportun, RetailMeNot (SALE), Slack, SteelBrick (CRM), Tala, TransferWise, TuneIn, Zendesk (ZEN), and Zenefits, and was actively involved in sourcing investments in Marketo (MKTO), Spiceworks, Twitter (TWTR), and Yext (YEXT). Jules currently serves on the Board of Directors of G2 Crowd, Indiegogo, NerdWallet, Oportun, Tala, and TuneIn.
Prior to IVP, Jules worked for 3i, a leading global venture capital firm. He evaluated early and later-stage Internet, mobile, and software investments, and he completed transactions for companies such as BlueLithium, Fotolog, Omniture (ADBE), and Trovix. Jules also worked in business development for AdMob, a mobile advertising provider, and co-founded AdNectar, a social media advertising startup. Earlier in his career, Jules was in technology investment banking with Robertson Stephens and Bank of America Securities.
Jules works with Mind Share Partners, a nonprofit that is changing the culture of workplace mental health so that both employees and organizations can thrive.
Jules has an M.B.A. from Stanford University, where he was a Siebel Scholar and an Arjay Miller Scholar. He also graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.A. in Economics from Yale University.
Jules' recent writing:
- UiPath: No More TPS Reports!
- Coming Into Fashion
- Nothing to Hide – Announcing IVP’s Investment in TransferWise
- Thank you, Yext
- The Future of Finance – Announcing IVP’s Investment in Tala
- The ABCs of QTC – Why IVP Invested in SteelBrick
- A Month of Zen
- How Fast Should You Be Growing? ( TechCrunch )
- The Superstitious Investor ( Nir & Far )
- Choose Your Mobile Business Model Wisely ( The Wall Street Journal )
- Freemium Software: A Guide for Startups ( Whitepaper )
- For Buddy Media, different was good ( Fortune )
- Don’t Follow The Crowd ( TechCrunch )
- Raising The Most Money Doesn't Mean Your Company Will Become The Most Valuable ( TechCrunch )
- Ask a VC: Who's Your Customer? What's Your Product? ( Forbes )
- Better late than never