Eric Liaw joined IVP in 2011. He is focused primarily on later-stage investments in high growth companies across a variety of sectors, including enterprise software, Internet, and mobile. Eric serves as a Board Director or Observer for IVP portfolio companies AdRoll, App Annie, Glossier, The Honest Company, IEX, Lulus, MasterClass, MINDBODY (MB), The Players' Tribune, and ZipRecruiter and led IVP's investments in Datadog, GitHub, Klarna, and UiPath. He previously served as a Board Director or Observer for Dropcam (GOOG), OnDeck (ONDK), RetailMeNot (SALE), Supercell (SFTBF), and Wikia (TPG).
Prior to joining IVP, Eric was with Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) where he completed minority and control investments in private and public companies across the Internet and software sectors. Eric was actively involved in originating, executing and managing a number of investments, including: Adknowledge, Altiris (SYMC), eHarmony, Fandango (CMCSA), Global Market Insite (WPP), Intelligent Beauty, Netflix (NFLX), TechTarget (TTGT), Tiny Prints (SFLY), Webroot Software, and Zillow (Z).
Earlier in his career, Eric was a member of Morgan Stanley's Technology Investment Banking Group. During his time at Morgan Stanley, Eric was involved in strategic and financing transactions valued at over $4 billion for clients across multiple technology sectors, including C|Net, Crystal Decisions, JD Edwards, Hewlett-Packard, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) and others. Eric also held technical and marketing positions with Trend Micro and Canon Software Publishing.
Eric holds a B.A. in Economics with a minor in Computer Science and an M.S. in Management Science and Engineering, both from Stanford University.
Eric's recent writing:
- Uipath: No More TPS Reports!
- Broadcasting Greatness
- Coming Into Fashion
- Coinbase: Unlocking the Value of Digital Currencies
- Yoda was wrong. Who says a Master can only have one Apprentice?
- IVP Steps Up to The Plate with The Players’ Tribune
- IVP Just Got Glossier
- Congratulations to MINDBODY!
- Shining a light on the mobile ecosystem… Welcome App Annie to the IVP Portfolio!
- Congratulations to our friends at OnDeck!
- Zipping Right Along… ZipRecruiter Raises $63 million from IVP to Accelerate Growth
- Dropcam + Nest = Connecting You to Your Home
- Big Market, Deep Technology And A Great Team – That’s How IVP (Ad)Rolls
- Congratulations to our friends at Supercell!