Louisa Xu joined IVP in September 2018. She focuses on investing in later-stage, high-growth consumer and enterprise companies. Specifically, Louisa targets enterprise infrastructure, security, data analytics, and disruptive consumer-focused companies which have the potential to become leaders in their respective markets. Business Insider recognized Louisa among the top 25 rising stars in venture capital in 2019.
Louisa worked on IVP’s investments in Robinhood (HOOD), Whisper, Harness, Ajaib, and one unannounced investment, and she is actively involved with portfolio companies Compass (COMP), Pindrop, Sauce Labs, and Lime.
Prior to joining IVP, she was with GIC’s Technology Investment Group, where she led and supported investments in DoorDash, Lime, Katerra, and Affirm. She was a Board Observer at DoorDash.
Louisa began her career at Blackstone’s Private Equity Group in New York where she worked on leveraged buyouts in a variety of industries, from upstream energy to retail. Following Blackstone, she gained operating experience in data science at Enjoy and business operations at Cloudflare. She co-founded cleverlayover, a travel tech startup, which won first place at Harvard Business Schools’ startup competition and was featured on Conde Nast Traveler.
Louisa holds an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School, and a B.A. from Yale University, where she graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa.
Louisa's recent writing:
- Ajaib: Democratizing Investments in Southeast Asia
- Robinhood: A Rebel with A Cause
- Whisper: Hearing the World Intelligently
- Hearing The World Through Machine Learning
- Complexity In Capital: Demystifying The Hype In Cybersecurity
- Machine Learning In The Enterprise: Where Will The Next Trillion Dollars Of Value Accrue?
- Modernizing Real Estate: The Property Tech Opportunity
- Harnessing Continuous Delivery