Jason Kong joined IVP in August 2017. He focuses on identifying and evaluating later-stage enterprise and consumer technology investments. Jason was named to the Forbes 2021 30 Under 30 in Venture Capital List.
Jason was actively involved in making IVP’s investments in Attentive, Brex, Figma, Harness, Humu, Lulus, Niantic, Podium, and Yellowbrick Data, as well as follow-on investments in Checkr, Compass (COMP), Datadog (DDOG), Dataminr, Discord, Personal Capital (Empower), Rubrik, Slack (WORK), and UiPath (PATH).
Before joining IVP, Jason worked in Morgan Stanley’s Technology Investment Banking group in Menlo Park, CA. At Morgan Stanley, he worked on numerous financing and M&A transactions as well as corporate advisory engagements for companies across the Internet, enterprise software and hardware sectors, including Amazon, AppDynamics, Coupa, Pinterest, and Slack, among others.
Jason graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Jerome Fisher Program in Management and Technology at the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned M.S. and B.A.S. degrees in Computer Science from Penn Engineering, as well as a B.S. in Economics from Wharton with concentrations in finance, entrepreneurship, and operations.
Jason's recent writing:
- Figma: Designing the Future
- Three Paths to Going Public
- UiPath: The Automation IPO
- The Future of Commerce is Headless
- As DevOps takes off, site reliability engineers are flying high
- CARES Act 101
- Attentive: Getting the Message Across
- Yellowbrick: The Ultimate Data Warehouse
- Harnessing Continuous Delivery
- Niantic: Viewing the World Differently
- Podium: Broadcasting Greatness
- You Deserve Better…..
- Coming Into Fashion