Alex Lim joined IVP in March 2015. He focuses on investing in later-stage, high growth consumer and enterprise companies. In 2017, Alex was named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 in Venture Capital List.
Alex was actively involved in sourcing IVP's investments in Cyence (GRWE), Discord, Qubole, and UiPath, and also worked on IVP’s investments in Expanse, G2, Hims & Hers, Lime, SteelBrick (CRM), and Yellowbrick Data.
Prior to IVP, Alex worked in the Technology Investment Banking group at Credit Suisse, where he was involved in strategic and financing transactions for a variety of enterprise software and Internet companies including Marketo, Borderfree, Sohu.com, Riverbed, and Ubiquiti Networks.
Alex is a CFA Charterholder and earned a B.A. in Economics and Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was a Morehead-Cain Scholar.
Alex is an avid golfer, tennis player, and Chelsea FC fan. On weekends, you can find him trying to keep up with his young family.
Alexander's recent writing:
- Yellowbrick: The Ultimate Data Warehouse
- UiPath: No More TPS Reports!
- Bringing Intelligence to B2B Purchasing – Why IVP Invested in G2 Crowd
- Press Play: IVP Invests in Discord
- Cyence: Fixing Cyber Risk
- Qubole: Doing Big Data Right
- The Importance of Getting Your ZZZs; IVP Adds Zerto to the Portfolio
- Why Walker & Company will Transform the CPG Industry